Williams Farms, LLC was first established in 1949 on 38 acres by Hipliet Williams. He was later joined by his son Douglas in 1957 where they grew primarily spinach, celery, carrots, beets and apples. They also added potatoes, onions and cherries. At that time, the farm had approximately 60 acres. Currently, Doug and sons, John and Steve are partners in Williams Farms, LLC. Over 750 acres are now worked. Crops grown include potatoes, onions, apples, cabbage and field corn.
Williams Farms, LLC is an established member of the following industry associations:
- USDA PACA
- New York State Bonded Licensed Wholesale Dealer for Fresh Fruits & Vegetables
- Empire State Potato Growers
- New York State Vegetable Growers Association
- National Onion Association
- New York Farm Bureau
- Cornell Cooperative Extension – Wayne County
- Pride of New York
- USDA GAPs Harmonized Certified – potatoes, onions, apples and watermelon.
- USDA NOP Organic Certified Handlers